Grandparents, we are celebrating one of the best times of the year to travel-the happy summer months! It is the time when grandparents and parents can pack up their family and travel our great country…the home of the brave and the free… our beautiful United States of America. Trips with our children and grandchildren should be a mix of fun and education. Have your children or grandchildren keep a diary of their trip in a notebook or on their iPad. Below are short itineraries for traveling with your children and grandchildren. My goal is to help you start the wheels rolling. I have chosen places within the USA to visit. Many of the places of interest represent our countries history. These trips are fun and educational for all!
- Mount Vernon Plantation: home of Martha and George Washington
- The Ford Theatre: The theatre where Abraham Lincoln was shot
- Air and Space IMAX: Tells the history of America’s outer space journey.
- Arlington National Cemetery: the resting place of John F. Kennedy and other United States presidents and our military men who protected our country.
- Jamestown, Virgina: the first permanent enlish settlement in what was to become the United States of America.
New York, New York
- Horse drawn carriage ride through Central Park: One of the most beautiful parks in the world in the center of Manhatten
- Tour of the New York Stock Exchange: Learn about investing in money!
- Broadway and a Broadway show: The best theatre in the USA
- Private Tour of the United Nations: World organization for discussion of world -wide events.
- Tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island: The Statue is an icon of freedom and a welcoming symbol to our land. Ellis Island was the gateway for millions of immigrants and our nations inspection station
- Helicopter ride over Manhattan: home of the United Nations, Wall Street the Financial capitol of the world and one of the largest cities in the world. A must experience for your children and grandchildren.
- Private Tour of West Point: The United States Military Academy.
Rafting the Grand Canyon
- Nearly 2 billion years of Earth’s geological history. President Theodore Roosevelt was a proponent of preserving the Grand Canyon. Take a week raft trip with your grandchildren and expose them to family togetherness and our beautiful America.
- Honolulu: visit Pearl Harbor: Take the military boat ride out to the Arizona Memorial and view the site where the Empire of Japan attacked the United States Pacific Feet that forced the United States into World War 11.
- Diamond Head Mountain: Hike the mountain and see the lookouts where our USA military were positioned during WW11.
- Hanauma Bay: Hundreds of fish will swarm around you as you snorkel with your family. A fabulous fun-filled day and experience for all, I promise.
- North Shore: Drive the Island in bathing suits with your family to watch the surfers and have lunch or dinner at Jamison’s By the Sea.
- Polynesian Cultural Center. Learn the history of the Islands with you children and grandchildren. This is an all day excursion.
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland: A wonderful experience for adults and children
- Sun Studio Guided Tours
- National Civil Rights Museum
- Gibson’s Guitar Factory tour
- Stay at the Peabody Hotel; a landmark hotel in Memphis
Other wonderful family vacations I recommend:
1.Alaska 2.Presidential Libraries 3. Western National Parks
I could go on and on with places to visit; having been afforded the luxury of visiting over sixty-five countries and several states within our beautiful USA.