By Lauren Ashley Smith. Sure, the holiday season is all about family, friends and thankfulness, but do you know what it’s also about? Being super comfy. To me, the term “holiday season” is synonymous with being wrapped up in a warm blanket, wearing comfortable clothes and losing track of my troubles for as long as I can. With that in mind, here are my personal recommendations for comfy must-haves this holiday season.
- Foot duvets – Restoration Hardware’s foot duvets are no ordinary slippers. The name says it all; they are plush duvets, for your feet. They are warm, they are astonishingly soft, and you will never want to take them off. Plus, they’re on sale right now for under $15! If you don’t get these, you will regret it for the rest of your life, and that is not an exaggeration.
- Cashmere robe – Nothing feels cozier than being swathed in cashmere. Everything from coffee to hot cocoa to mulled wine tastes better when you’re sipping it while wearing a robe made entirely of the ‘mere. If this sounds too fancy to you, it’s not. Nordstrom has a beautiful one on sale for $83.30. Treat yourself; you’ve earned it.
- Faux sheepskin – IKEA’s faux sheepskin is a great way to warm up your home, both literally and figuratively. Not only are they great for putting next to your bed so your feet can have something warm to wake up to on cold mornings, but they also look great draped over couches and chairs to give everything a warmer look. Bonus: they’re only $12.99 so you can have one in every room.
- Jo Malone Candles – Contrary to popular belief, not all candles are created equal. When it comes to unique scent combinations, producing a natural and subtle aroma, and making your home feel like the coziest place in the world, Jo Malone candles stand above the rest. They’re pricy for something you’re supposed to light on fire and forget about, but they’re worth shelling out for. Try the Vanilla & Anise candle to make your home constantly smell like you’re in the middle of some holiday baking.
- Speakers – The holiday season isn’t complete without holiday music playing at all times. But what do you do when your computer or phone aren’t powerful enough? That’s where the Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth speaker comes in. This speaker is just about the size of a flashlight, but the sound that comes out of it will make you feel like Josh Groban and the New York Philharmonic have taken up residence in your living room.
Just one of the items on this list will take your holiday coziness game to the next level. Go forth and be cozy, friends!!