Our hair color and hairstyle are large parts of our identity. When we change our hairstyle and color we mentally take on a different persona not only to people who know us but, oddly enough we feel a change within ourselves. Unlike most of my girlfriends, I change my hair pretty often. I think women get too comfortable and are afraid of change, however, I have noticed that women change “their look” when there is a change in their lives. Am I right or am I right? If you don’t believe me, maybe this will help - just a few reasons to consider changing your hairstyle.
- Change is good. I don’t care what people say, it is! According to UK hairstylist, Andrew Collinge, women change their “hairstyles” as much as 104 times during their lifetime! I suggest taking the plunge if you start to feel the itch for change. As Nike says, just do it.
- Pamper yourself. Walk into a great hair salon and get pampered. A trim, a rinse, a new shade of color. You will at the very least come out with an added spring in your step. If you’re lucky, you may get a glass of wine or two on the house – never a bad deal. Might as well make a day out of it and get a mani-pedi too, who cares, you deserve it!
- Transform your image. One of the top five reasons women change their hair is because they want to reinvent themselves. It could be a break-up, moving to a new city, a new boyfriend or a new job. Or maybe it’s just a yearning for something different. Get out of your rut, change it up.
- Adjust your age. Who ever wants to look their age? When you are young you want to look older. And when you are older, well, you want to look younger. ‘Tis the conundrum we deal with our whole lives, but guess what? A hairstyle can add a few years (if that’s really what you’re looking for) and better yet, it can trim a few off. Go to a trusted salon and have the confidence to leave the styling up to them.
- Embrace a new perspective. I think changing your hair can change your life and your perspective on things. It may sound silly, but new hair alters our confidence, attitude and sometimes our personality. You know how it’s hard to have a good day when you have a bad hair day – well, it’s hard to have a bad day with great hair…
Now, I’m not just talking the talk, I’ve walked this walk many a times. I have worn my hair long, short, buzzed. I’ve never added color, but I’ve explored all kinds of looks. With the change of my hairstyle my wardrobe changes which creates a change in my life, a transformation of my image and is just a fun new feeling to change things up a bit!