“Inaction can create the Blahs!”-Honey Good
We all have those “blah” mornings. Unlike some of my friends who are “night owls,” I am a morning person. I usually wake up eager to look out our bedroom window -- to welcome the world into my life.
I would like to share my daily routine with all women, especially those feeling “blah” today. Here are 5 tips to help you wake up the "right" way:
- Open the draperies immediately. Daylight helps.
- Drink water. I made a habit of keeping water on the table next to my bedside. Water is a necessity.
- Mobilize. I get out of bed, make a fresh pot of coffee for my husband and myself, bring in the newspapers, feed Orchid and give her a treat. I force myself to be proactive.
- Shower. A morning shower is luxurious. Immersing my head under the warm water I take a deep breath, feel my body relax and think about my day ahead in solitude. I do some of my best thinking in the shower.
- If you are off your beauty game here are a few tricks you can use:
- Drink a lot of water during the day.
- Give yourself a natural hydrating mask.
- Apply concealer under your eyes.
- Place a small dot of white pencil in the corner of each eye.
- Use a top of the line concentrated serum and moisturizer. My favorite line is La Mer.
- I also use natural olive oil.
- Work out.