By Susan "Honey" Good
I work with some lovely women at HoneyGood.com, including an incredible photographer and others who help me with some of the technical responsibilities of my site.
One of these dear women suggested I write a story about what's in my makeup bag, hypothesizing that you, dear readers, would be interested in a peek at which makeup products I rely on day in and day out.
She was very thoughtful and brought to my home a HUGE black and cream makeup bag to use for a photo shoot. (Pictured above.) The bag is very chic and made for a great picture, but the truth of the matter is, I've learned to 'travel light.'
In fact, I carry with me a small Louis Vuitton bag with the essentials I need to survive any day away from my abode.
Even my darling colleague was taken aback by the size of my bag, proclaiming me "low maintenance."
Perhaps I am, dear readers, because, while I was taught to take pride in how I look, my day-to-day life is about collecting experiences, not compliments. I think my makeup bag reflects that.
Here are my essentials:
- First, and most important, a red string in case mine breaks and an extra one for Shelly. If you aren't educated about the importance of the red string, read my story, 7 Reasons to Wear a Red String here.
- An emery board because a ragged nail is as much a practical problem as it is an aesthetic one!
- A compact with sentimental value.
- Floss because when your days are filled with laughter, you don't want food in your teeth!
- Perfume to refresh at any time.
That's all that's in my makeup bag. What's in yours?
PS Head to my Facebook page today for a personal video tour of my makeup musts!