By Sue Pitchforth. The countdown has started and Christmas is right around the corner. Have you thought about how you will decorate your home’s exterior? Would you like to add warm, welcoming, festive touches that truly reflect your family’s personality?
Most of us would like to try to use what we already have, ideally blend together old and new and if we need, purchase special touches. Let’s go on this festive exterior decorating journey together. Why not grab a tea or coffee and become inspired along the way!
- Christmas Curb Appeal. Most of us know how important curb appeal is when looking to purchase a home. Why not think of it being just as important for the holidays? Will your home give a warm and welcoming impression to your family and friends?
- Exterior Christmas Lights. There are many interesting and unique lighting options available. New on the market, and my favorite, are Bliss Lights, which use laser and holographic technology to project thousands of moving pin points of light. Plug-in and point, to create a truly unique lighting experience.
- Front Porch. Your initial welcome to your guests. Why not venture into your garage or basement to see if you have a pair of skis, an old toboggan, a wagon or even a pile of logs? They make great props for your porch. Add some greenery, ribbon and voila….amazing Christmas DIY décor.
- Back Porch/Patio Area. This is a forgotten area when decorating for the holidays. Most of us do not even give it a second thought. Why not decorate a tree, turn on the lights and enjoy this new Christmas vignette as you gaze from inside the comfort of your home.
- Natural Greenery. Such a wide variety to choose from! Some of us have our one favorite, while others like to mix it up. Classic types include: Blue Spruce, White Pine, Balsam and Cedar. Newer types include Boxwood, Magnolia and Seeded Eucalyptus. You can also order some online at ChristmasFarms.com. I encourage you to mix them up in your garlands, wreaths and urns, helping to bring interesting texture and scent to your arrangements.
Gather all your festive supplies, dress warmly and have fun creating your Christmas curb appeal. After the decorating is finished, make sure to reward yourself and your decorating elves with a hot chocolate!