By Honey Good. This blog post is dedicated to the young women of today, half my age. How lucky you are! My daughters ask me questions often – questions about lifestyle, building confidence, beauty, careers, relationships with girlfriends and even aging. I decided an older woman sharing her wisdom with the young and ambitious women of today would be an interesting read. After all at my age, I have learned many life lessons.
I have lived, laughed and loved. I grew up in the Midwest but raised my children in Honolulu. I was then widowed in my forties, moved to the Mainland and remarried a widower with a family of his own. Over time I have learned to “blend my blends,” as I call them (blending families). I am fortunate enough to have traveled the world. However, I have also lived through a family suicide and survived cancer. And last but not least, I started my own company in my sixties -- HoneyGood.com! So, to the young and ambitious women in today’s society here are some of…
Honey Good’s Words of Wisdom “Honeyisms”
- Be true to yourself. It will take time, but once you own it, it is powerful. Shine your light.
- Hoard your classic clothes. They will hold true over the years.
- If people talk about you, you know you’re interesting.
- Own your own style.
- Don’t worry about aging. Worry about being boring.
- A woman makes a marriage.
- Rid yourself of unhealthy relationships. Listen to your heart. It knows.
- Take care of your skin. Smile during the day and use olive oil at night.
- Have empathy. This is one of the most important characteristics a person can possess.
- Find your purpose and then go for it! You will never know unless you try.
- Your most important decision is the person you choose to marry.
- Love your life. Your hills and valleys will be great teachers.
- Family is always first.
- Do not live in the past or the future. Live in the present. It your gift.
- Be proactive about your health. It has saved my life twice.
- Choose like-minded girlfriends.
When things are not going your way, say to yourself: I will see the glass half full and make lemons out of lemonade. It will put the fight in you to carry on. To the young readers of this blog, what piece of advice can you provide us older women? Share your wisdom at HoneyGood.com.