Fall is finally here and whether you're looking for a new do-it-yourself craft or a fun gift for a loved one, we have the perfect answer you - fleece tie blankets. It only takes seven steps to make one of these cozy creations. 1) Make a trip to your local craft store and pick out two different fleece patterns to create the blanket. You should get somewhere between 1.5- 3 yards of fabric. 1.5 yards should get you a nice sized throw, and 2-3 yards would create a twin-sized blanket.
2) Spread out your pieces of fleece on a flat, hard surface. Match up all the corners of the fabric.
3) Consider how you are going to measure the cuts to make the ties. While they don't have to be exact, the strips on the narrow side of the blanket should be around 4-5 inches, and the strips on the wider side of the blanket should be about 2.5-3 inches.
4) Cut a rectangle from each of the blanket's four corners. Make sure you cut through each layer of fabric. It may be helpful to grab something rectangular in shape, such as a notecard, to guide your cuts.
5) Start cutting strips. Begin by cutting strips about an inch away from each corner of the blanket. Continue to cut strips around the perimeter of the blanket. Do your best to make sure they are all about the same size.
6) Take one your strips and tie the two layers together in a firm knot. Continue this around the blanket, but make sure the rest of the blanket is smooth with no bubbles.
7) Grab a pair of scissors and even out any strips that need it. And just like that, you've created your new favorite blanket!