Shared by Honey Good
A good friend of mine sent me the below email... a guide to understanding the female lexicon. After quite a few chuckles, I HAD to share this with you, darlings! Print it, frame it, tape it to the TV if you must, but get the men in your life to read it.
As much as we women like to claim that we are great communicators, the boys are at a disadvantage if they don't speak our language. (And trust me, they do not!) Share this with your girlfriends who will no doubt have a good giggle and tell them to share this with their men... those men may just have an "A-ha" moment of their own.
- Fine. This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.|
- Five Minutes. If she is getting dressed, this means one-half hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
- Nothing. This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
- Go Ahead. This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
- (Loud Sigh). This isn't actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
- That's Okay. This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
- Thanks. A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - which is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say "you're welcome" -- that will bring on a "whatever.")
- Whatever. Is a woman's way of saying "screw you!"
- Don't worry about it, I've got it. Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking, “What's wrong?”. For the woman's response, refer to # 3.
And while I can't take credit for penning the above, every Wednesday I share style and beauty advice for those of us over 50 and on Sunday mornings I share my own insights about life, love and laughter so please subscribe to my email (subscription link at right of page-->) and let's stay connected!