If I’m not talking about quinoa, I’m probably talking about avocados. They really are a super food that replaces anything creamy – plus, they taste delicious! I’m keeping this recipe as “pasta” but my secret for an EVEN healthier dish is spaghetti squash! Unfortunately, this is not the time of year for plentiful spaghetti squash so I am not putting this in the recipe, but keep in mind in the fall to make this with the squash. You will love me for it and so will your family!
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes and corn.
- Serve immediately.