I love finding healthy alternatives to recipes that I LOVE! Spaghetti squash is my number one but cauliflower is slowly becoming my second choice. It replaces potatoes seamlessly in just about anything – soup, salad, and even fried (if done correctly). This recipe is just more proof into this theory. Of course it will never be the same as the potato but it’s dang close! Give it a try and make it as a side dish to some turkey burgers!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 6 hard-boiled eggs-chopped
- 3 stalks of celery-chopped
- 1 small onion-chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas-thawed
- 1/2 pkg bacon--cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tab mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Hard Boil 6 eggs – To do so, place 6 eggs on the bottom of a pot and cover with just enough cold water.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, remove from heat and let stand for 12-14 minutes.
- Drain the water and place the eggs into an ice bath until fully cooled. Peel and chop to use.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and crumbly.
- Boil the cauliflower for around 15 minutes until tender.
- Mix all ingredients together – chopped eggs, cauliflower, chopped celery, chopped onion, thawed peas (or fresh preferred), crumbled bacon, Greek yogurt, mayo, mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.