Slow cooker recipes are perfect for busy days and busy nights. Not everyone has the time to sauté or bake and watch the dish the entire time. This recipe is perfect for a great week night dinner and with the cashews it provides some much needed protein. This Asian inspired dish is great with sticky or jasmine rice and some fresh steamed vegetables like broccoli. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in a re-sealable food storage bag. Cut the chicken into bite size chunks and add the chicken to the flour mixture. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Once the chicken is fully coated, heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Using the slow cooker, cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir.
- Serve over rice and with fresh steamed vegetables.