As the weather starts to get warmer, I know I start thinking of easy recipes on the go! I know you have your favorite tuna salad recipe, and would rather have a recipe that is unusual and beautiful. This recipe is easy and loved by all my friends and family. It is a keeper! It is delicious! And, easy to prepare.
- 2 5-ounce cans water-packed tuna fish
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 rib celery, diced small
- 1 small shallot or 1/4 red onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish, optional
- Salt and pepper
- Use a can opener to cut open the cans of tuna fish, but leave the lid in place. Holding the cans over the sink or a bowl, press the lid into the tuna fish and tilt the can to drain all the liquid. Remove the lids and transfer the tuna fish to a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, celery, shallot, lemon juice, pickle relish (if using), a sprinkle of salt, and a few cracks of fresh black pepper to the tuna fish. Stir with a fork to combine, breaking up any large chunks of tuna fish as you go. Add more mayo if you'd like smoother, creamier tuna salad. Taste and add more of any of the ingredients to taste
- Use immediately or store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week.