I am a huge fan of Panera Bread and every time I go in there all I want in their broccoli and cheddar soup. I realized that I needed this soup in my life more than just my trips to Panera and started making it at home. It’s great served as a leftover and you can even grab a sour dough bread bowl for real authenticity!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food,
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
1. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. Simmer until broccoli is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Reduce heat, and stir in cheese cubes until melted. Mix in milk and garlic powder.
3. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into water until dissolved. Stir into soup; cook, stirring frequently, until thick.