What's this? 56 degrees outside, you say? Could spring really be here!? I hope so, because I am so done with cold weather. To me, spring means evening walks, flying kites and outdoor picnics. And what's more appropriate for a picnic than pasta salad? This non-mayo cold dish is a pleasant deviation from the heavy pasta salad dishes that come in the summer. You can easily add a protein like grilled chicken to this and make it a main entree. Enjoy!
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/2 lb of pasta (I like using orzo)
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup of cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup of red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup of feta, crumbled
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package. Drain and cool.
- Dice up all your veggies and mix in a bowl with the feta. Add the cooled pasta.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Toss the pasta and veggies with the vinaigrette and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.