By Jacquelyn Prater. This is my go-to easy pecan pie recipe and it has quickly become a favorite amongst my friends and family. It's not difficult, it's not super fancy, but it is absolutely delicious!
- 1 pie shell - made from scratch or store-bought, your choice
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups of chopped pecans
- Melt the butter in a glass bowl and mix in the sugar, corn syrup, salt, vanilla extract and the eggs.
- Fold in the pecans and pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. If the edges of the crust begin to darken, cover them with foil and finish baking.
- Let the pie sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing. Top with whip cream and enjoy!!