By Jacquelyn Prater. Sometimes in the winter I get a craving for BBQ. I think it's just my mind and stomach fighting against all the cold, wind and snow. This chicken is so simple, it's almost a shame not to make it. All you need is your favorite sauce, some chicken and a little time!
- 1 chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups of BBQ sauce - your choice!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Brush chicken with bbq sauce and bake. Keep brushing the chicken with sauce every 15 minutes until cooked through and slightly charred around the edges.
- Note: the wings and legs will cook faster than the breast and thigh, so keep an eye on them.
- Once chicken is fully cooked - about 30 minutes - remove from oven and serve with additional sauce.
You can serve this with a fresh salad or with some pasta on the side. What nice little break from the stews and soups of winter!