We still have a whole month of heat before Summer winds down and we start dreaming of the Holidays and pumpkin inspired recipes (too soon?). I have been obsessed with all of the great, fresh produce at the local farmers markets. This recipe is not only healthy, but it's delicious, and the perfect way to treat yourself on a sticky, summer day!
- FRUIT PUREE:
- 2 cups fruit, such as peaches, strawberries and blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- COCONUT YOGURT:
- 1 cup plain thick yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, for garnish
- For the puree: Blend together the fruit, sugar and lemon juice in a blender until smooth.
- For the yogurt: Whisk together the sugar, yogurt and coconut extract.
- Pour alternating layers of the fruit puree and coconut yogurt into popsicle molds, and then insert the sticks. Freeze until the pops are firm, about 8 hours.
- For easy removal, dip the bottom of the molds into hot water for a few seconds to loosen the pops. Remove the pops from the mold, dip in coconut flakes and serve.