By Jacquelyn Prater. I realize that I am late to the party, but guys, have you tried Greek yogurt!? This stuff is amazing! I am not much of a convert as to say it will replace all my sour cream needs, but the tang is great and the uses in the kitchen are virtually endless. This week I used it to make Greek chicken and I'm telling you it is incredible! My husband took it in to work for a potluck and it was gobbled up in no time. What a great change from traditional baked chicken!
- 4 chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks, bone-in
- 2 cups of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients (except the chicken) in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, coat and cover with plastic wrap. You can also put the chicken and marinade in a plastic bag.
- Place the chicken in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, no more than 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from bowl (or bag) and place in a glass baking dish.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until cooked through.
Serve over a bed of couscous with with some lovely asparagus. Delicious!