Artichokes are such an interesting vegetable to me. Most people steam them and then carefully take a small piece of what is edible and dunk it into a mass amount of butter. I’m not going to lie and say that I haven’t done that and loved it but I felt that there has to be something more than just dipping butter or using the artichoke heart. This grilled recipe is great and easy to try something new and is perfect to accompany a grilled steak. Yum!
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 lemon, quartered
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fill a large bowl with cold water. Squeeze the juice from one lemon wedge into the water. Trim the tops from the artichokes, then cut in half lengthwise, and place halves into the bowl of lemon water to prevent them from turning brown.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Add artichokes to boiling water, and cook for about 15 minutes. Drain. Squeeze the remaining lemon wedges into a medium bowl. Stir in the olive oil and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the artichokes with a coating of the garlic dip, and place them on the preheated grill. Grill the artichokes for 5 to 10 minutes, basting with dip and turning frequently, until the tips are a little charred. Serve immediately with the remaining dip.