By Victoria Fortnum. When the temperature is below freezing, all I can think about eating is something warm and comforting. However, to avoid falling into a winter weight gain slump, I also want something healthy and satisfying. My Healthy Green Curry Bowl satisfies both needs. It's Thai, it's healthy and it's delicious.
This recipe serves four people, so enjoy it with friends or save some for leftovers to enjoy throughout the week.
For the Sauce
Ingredients for the Bowl
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 green onion chopped and blended with sauce
- ¼ cup of basil
- 1 Tbs. grated ginger
- 1 Tbs. miso paste
- 1 tsp. green curry paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- A dash of cayenne peppar (optional)
- ½ Chinese eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- Optional protien (cook first): tempeh, tofu or shrimp
- Optional starch (cook first): brown rice, quinoa or soba noodles
- Optional toppings: fresh basil, cilantro, lime juice
- Add all the ingredients for sauce into a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer sauce into a wok or large sauce pan with all of the ingredients for the bowl (except optional protein and starch).
- Let simmer on medium heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in optional protein, starch and/or toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!