We all love a good pumpkin spice latte. Why else would Starbucks bring back them over a month early this year if it wasn't true? However, it's no surprise that those tasty drinks are chock-full of calories. But here's a secret for you - you can recreate that same great taste in your kitchen with far less calories. Once you have all these ingredients, you'll be able to save yourself frequent $5 trips to Starbucks. Now you can drink pumpkin spice lattes guilt-free without leaving home!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 drops of liquid stevia
- 8 ounces of brewed coffee (or 1-2 shots of espresso)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Mix together almond milk and pumpkin puree in a cup or saucepan. Cook the mixture on a medium heat on the stovetop or in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla, spices and sweetener. Use a blender to foam the milk. Process the milk for 30 seconds, or until it appears foamy.
- Pour the coffee or espresso into a large mug and add the foamy milk on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.