One of the most common excuses for women not eating breakfast is that they didn’t have enough time. Between walking my dog, hitting the gym and picking out the right outfit for the day ahead, the last thing I have time for is making breakfast… that’s why I prepare it the night before! Here is one of my favorite breakfast recipes for the woman on the go.
Recipe: Overnight Oats
Recipe Type: Healthy Snack
Author: Victoria Fortnum
The chia seeds will help keep your tummy full until lunch.
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tbsp of vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- Toppings: fresh blueberries, unsweetened coconut, raw slivered almonds
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, protein powder and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add in sliced banana, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, top off with any desired toppings.