By Jacquelyn Prater. Mmmmmm, soup. Chowder, to be exact. Most of the time I want a seafood chowder, loaded with clams, shrimp and more. But this chowder is a great chilly day meal without being too expensive or time consuming. Give this sausage and corn chowder a try!
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced into half moons
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 3 cups of frozen corn
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3 tbsp of parsley, chopped
- Chop, slice, and dice all your necessary ingredients right now. It will save you time, I promise.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or stock pot over medium high heat and saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic for about 3 minutes. Do not burn the garlic!
- Add 2 cups of the corn to the pot and cook the vegetables for 4 minutes, til the water from the corn has mostly evaporated.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and cook until the mixture has thickened. If the mixture becomes too think, add more stock.
- Remove the pot from the heat and puree the soup, either with a stick blender or a top loading blender.
- Return the pot to the heat and add the remaining corn and the sausage. Simmer for 5-10 minutes til the water in the corn cooks out again.
- Add the heavy cream and parsley and stir to combine. Serve and Enjoy!!