My favorite types of “salads” are those that are nowhere near the healthy aspect of what a “salad” is supposed to be; pasta salad, potato salad, chicken salad etc. This sesame pasta chicken salad is no exception to my rule. The Asian inspired flavors make this pasta salad so different you won’t want this as only a side dish. Use any pasta you desire but make sure it really soaks up all the great flavors; enjoy!
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper.
- Shake well.
- Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly.
- Gently mix in chicken, cilantro, and green onions.