If you are looking for a way to start eating quinoa more regularly but are stuck with what to do with it, this is a great everyday recipe that is so refreshing, filling, and bright. Easy to make, store and serve and is a sure crowd pleasure.
- 1 cup quinoa,preferably rainbow
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 4 small green onions, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup loosely packed parsley leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3 ounces green beans, trimmed
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear. Cook according to the directions on the package.
- Puree the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, tahini, green onions, parsley, and salt in a food processor until the mixture is smooth.
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Scrape the dressing into a medium serving bowl. Add cucumbers and green beans and stir to coat. Add the hot quinoa and mix gently just until combined. Serve warm or at room temperature.